Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Personal Update


We are writing to give you an update on our journey in life and ministry since our last letter in February. As you probably know, I (Michael) had the opportunity to work at Rhythm Engineering over the last 3½ years and helped to launch that company from a start up to a multi- award-winning company. The reason for its rapid penetration into the traffic engineering world is due to a brilliant breakthrough technology that changes the fundamental way that traffic signals operate, are optimized and are coordinated. It was a great learning/personal growth experience to enter the marketplace for the first time in my adult life after over 30 years of vocational ministry.

However, it became very clear at the end of February that God was calling me to make room in my schedule for more ministry and to integrate our ministry with some new kinds of business endeavors…a hybrid of ministry and marketplace…so to speak. After leaving Rhythm, Terri and I were able to go away to a beach house in TX on the Gulf for two full weeks to get re-centered and seek out our Heavenly Father’s heart and will for this next season. It was a remarkable time in our lives and many confirmations came to us, both directly and indirectly, that we were being divinely led. Our ministry opportunities both in the US and beyond are many and we are very active in serving a number of leaders and faith communities. As one of the first new steps we are taking in this season of recommissioning to ministry, we have joined a great young church in the urban center of Kansas City. The church is called Bridgeport (www.bridgeportchurch.org) and we have decided to make it our home base. Another development is my new book coming out this month via amazon.com that I am very excited about. I will tell you more about The Romance of Romans: God’s Big God-Story very soon. Also our new website will soon be developed by my company, SIS, www.radius-group.org. We’ll let you know when that is up and ready to roll. We are carefully choosing our steps as we renegotiate life and ministry in this new season, making sure the things we are doing are really in alignment with our callings.

On the heels of our retreat I had it in my heart to come home and talk to a friend who owns both a snow removal company and an internet marketing company about a possible employment opportunity. He and the CEO (another old friend) agreed to hire me to help develop the internet business and also afford me more flexibility in my schedule than I had before. They are both wonderful brothers in Christ and are creating a culture of honor in these two kingdom-minded companies. I have been on board for about a month and we’re off to a good start. Internet marketing is a growing industry as you probably know. We are experts in search engine optimization, search engine marketing and website development. It’s a very sweet and sophisticated science, friendly to driving more people to our clients’ websites so increased leads and sales result. Feel free to check out the SIS website at:www.strategicinternetsolutions.com.

Finally, another wonderful opportunity has landed in our laps that we are excited about. Some old friends contacted us about a relatively new company they are in the center of, Max International. We are convinced, after doing both personal research and personal experimentation, that it represents another genuine scientific breakthrough—only this time in the health/wellness industry. Believe it or not…it revolves around a new nutritional supplement. (We recently met the amazing and brilliant top executives of Max out west. Each of them had the same initial skepticism we did…and our friends do…given the less-than-sterling reputation of the world of food supplements and many people’s experiences with buying/using them!)

Terri and I have been doing the best we know how to seek God’s kingdom and righteousness as a priority throughout our years.(Matthew 6:33) Jesus promised us that if we do this then all things we need will be added to us according to our loving Father’s will. We believe that this nutritional supplement is one of those timely things that God has “added unto us” that we were not looking for…but were truly in need of. (After just being on one of the products for two weeks, my acid reflux has disappeared, I am not reacting to pollen, I am sleeping better and I am off all of the medications I was taking! Terri is also successfully weaning off of her prescription medications with very positive results.) We are convinced that investing in remedies that build up overall health and wellness are the way we want to go as much as we possibly can. The past 10 years have taken an enormous toll on our health for sure. These products are helping us “get our lives back". Strength is returning to enable us to “run the race with endurance” and finish the race well.

Max GXL and Max One, the two doctor-formulated products marketed by Max Int’l, may be very beneficial to your health as they have already been for us. 40% of the revenue of Max comes from people who buy, but do not distribute, the products…we like that fact. This is not a typical supplement and it is not your traditional network marketing company or some kind of get-rich scheme. Given some of the humanitarian goals of the company, we also believe it holds promise for the development of both better health and greater wealth among the sick and needy of the world via innovative micro-business models that are already being designed. We’ve posted some links below with doctor’s interviews and info regarding the products and company.

As always, we want to express our love to you and so appreciate you following our storyline through the seasons of life. God is telling a story through each of our lives and sometimes we can find something for ourselves in the stories of others. We believe that the story God is rewriting in our lives now will be the best yet. Here’s a Scripture our daughter Lisa gave us as we left for Texas, it was very much on target and inspired us to open up our hearts fully to God and each other during that time. The verses are from 2 Samuel 22:21-25 in The Message:

21 God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I cleaned up my act, he gave me a fresh start.22 Indeed, I've kept alert to God's ways; I haven't taken God for granted.23 Every day I review the ways he works, I try not to miss a trick.24 I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.25 God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

Please drop us a line if you’d like to connect with us more.

In the service of our beautiful Lord Jesus Christ,

Michael and Terri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAj-3tiuGCM&feature=player_embedded - 6 minute video infomercial/interview with Dr. Robert H. Keller, creator of Max GXL, explaining glutathione's role in health and healing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WckCCcxiLro&feature=player_embedded - 15 minute video clip of Steve Scott, co-founder of Max Int'l.

http://youtu.be/w5CDBXkN_pA - 7 minute video clip of Dr. Keller speaking to medical professionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for meeting with me a year or two ago. Praying for the Lord's blessing on your life and for your the work you are putting your hands to.

Regards,

Bryan Purtle